How to Create a Quality Youtube Video
Youtube has evolved into a marketing tool, where the videos you create can help you grow an audience. The way to profitably monetize that audience is by getting them interested in your off-site products.
Follow this guide to learn the basics of shooting a quality Youtube video.
Step 1: Plan Your Video
Be aware of what you want to achieve with your video.
Some Questions to help guide the planning of your video:
1. What is the message of my video?
2. Who is this target audience?
3. How many people do I need?
4. What is the target length?
5. Where will the video be shot?
6. What equipment do I have available to me?
7. Do I need to include any text or images in my video?
Step 2: Prepare Your Equipment
Depending on the type of video you want to create you’re going to need different types of equipment. These are the essential items needed to make a Youtube video:
1. Camera: Anything from professional camera to your mobile phone
2. Microphone: Preferably external
3. Lighting: Natural or artificial
4. Storage: Memory cards (or enough space on your phone)
5. Editing software: Invest in an editing software; editing has the power to supercharge what you’ve created
Step #3: Set The Stage
Prepare the place you’re going to record so that it looks its best on camera.
Choosing the spot in the room with the best lighting and create a background.
It should not be distracting but instead add atmosphere to the video.
Step 4: Hit Record!
Keep the camera rolling. If you misspeak, or there are little mistakes, don’t restart everything. Just pick up from shortly before the mistake and try again without turning the camera off. You can fix everything else in editing!
Step 6: Editing Your Work
When you’ve recorded your video, it’s time to edit your work. This is where you clean up any mistakes you’ve made while recording and make your work ready to go online.
This is where the magic happens!
1. Put your scenes or takes into the right order
2. Synchronize the sound
3. Remove unnecessary footage
4. Add intros or outros
You can also perform extras like adding images or clips from other videos if you’re feeling creative.
By now, hopefully you have a clearer idea of how to make a YouTube video.
Plan what you can, create a nice environment to record in, relax and have fun while you’re doing it.
Enjoy the learning process and play around and see what works!